One (1) Positions
by 5:00pm Friday, March 8, 2019.
Position Title: Child Minder
Status: Part Time; 3 Year Contract
Location: Brampton and Mississauga
The Child Minder must ensure that they provide quality childcare, within a positive, safe and happy environment while parents take part in workshops and meetings. Childminders are responsible for all aspect of planning and preparing a program activities.
1. Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide children ages 2-12 with support and engaging activities.
· Responsible for all planning and preparing a program of play based activities.
· Keep the program space areas clean and organized.
· Act as a positive role model.
· Provide positive reinforcement and promote healthy, non- violent behaviours.
· Follow agency policy and procedures
· Maintain and complete appropriate forms
· Work alongside volunteers and placement students to help them grow
· Ensure program supplies and snacks are kept up to date
2. Qualification, Knowledge and Skill:
· A strong passion and interest in early childhood education.
· ECE certification and/or equivalent education is an asset
· Experience working with children in at risk neighbourhoods
· Good Organizational Skills
· 18 years or older
· Knowledge of local community
· Must be able to work in the evening
· Strong oral and communication skills.
· Strong conflict resolution skills
· Personal or professional experience providing care to children required.
· First Aid/ CPR Required.
· Vulnerable Sector Check required.